Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Your Enemies? Already Defeated!

     You guys I am so excited about this post! The Lord gave me a word and I know it can speak to the circumstances of others. God is with us indeed! Glory to God!!
     While taking a walk yesterday, Memorial Day, I was noticing all this road kill. At first, this was a normal occurrence because I live in a new housing development in the sticks ya'll. Wow. It is perfectly normal to see scorpions dead and alive as well as snakes. I have lived here for almost 5 years now and can count on one hand how many dead snakes I have seen taken out by a car. 
     Anyway, first there were a few scorpions and worms, in my mind I brushed it off as probably from the rain and kept walking to talk with the Lord. Ok. I am a complainer and there are some things God has called me into that I was like, "Lord, you CANNOT mean me," and He was like, "Yes, I do,"
     Recently, He has given me some first steps and I was like, "Lord, this has to be You for me to move forward. I need to know that this is You." 
     Through His word and this semester's Bible study He is taking extra lengths to say, "It is me GO!."
     The purpose of my walk was to let Him know what was on my mind once again which was basically all doubt and fear based, in particular the fear of man. Past experiences of slander and rejection, of even those in the church, creep up and bring doubt. "Lord, how is this even going to happen? I just don't see it. I don't have that kind of favor Lord. Really, You are going to have to really work a miracle here, because I can't do it. I really don't know what I am doing. Can you please give me some sort of sketch of a plan at least. What about those who afflict and reject me; those who would say that I am not Your servant? I just don't know Lord."
     I am so glad that there are ear piece phones now. Anyone who passed by would most likely assume I was talking through that rather than My friend Jesus walkin' right next to me. When I talk to the Lord, I talk with my hands, facial expressions; I mean it is totally animated, just like with anyone else. 
    There I am walking and talking and continue to notice all these dead animals. As I said earlier it was a couple scorpions and worms. But, then it was increasing. Almost every step I saw another scorpion, dead. And then, a centipede. It was curled and dried up, dead. Then I saw a flattened frog. Then I started seeing dead snakes and they went from smaller to bigger as I went on. So, in the middle of my discourse of doubt and fear I asked, "And what is up with all the road kill, Lord?! I'm so sure."
     Immediately, Isaiah 54:17 dropped in my heart. 

     "No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD."

     Then the Lord spoke to me (but this is for all of us, it's for you too.) He said, "I have already gone before you and destroyed your enemies."

     Saints! The road of your destiny has been paved and anything that would try to derail your walk, make you turn to the right or left, or come to harm has already been dealt with. We serve a mighty, MIGHTY GOD! He is the planner and will get us there. Don't lose heart. Do not faint. Fear not. Trust God. His eye is on the sparrow... and on all the snakes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment