Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Over Comer! That's You!

     "Stop being so lackadaisical!"
     This was a quote my basketball team and I would hear on occasion from our coach when he felt that we were not putting in 100% during practice, being lazy. We had a goal to win the C.I.F. Championship and embark to become the State Champions. The road would be long to the State Tournament. This was a mountain to climb. There would be challenges and obstacles. Our skills would be stretched to the maximum of our present potential. Our relationships on the court had to become a fine tuned orchestra that was in perfect harmony, unity and flow.
     What a rewarding year that was for us! We won our league championship, several tournaments and won the C.I.F. Championship. We made it all the way to the Semi Finals in the State Championship before we were defeated. Though we did not make it to the Finals and take State, we were so excited about our accomplishments and all we had overcome. We were thankful for our coach and knew that his phrase pushed us to the excellence we needed to attain to reach our goals.
     The lessons learned on my basketball team in high school have been used by the Lord to help me in my journey as a disciple of Christ. And, whenever I start complaining about a circumstance or situation that I think is too hard and don't want to push through, I hear my coaches phrase in his sarcastic joking tone when he was kidding around with us. It makes me laugh at myself and gives me endurance to continue.
     God has called us to overcome. Overcoming takes perseverance, tenacity, discipline and no room for being lackadaisical. It isn't easy, but we have to remember that with God all things are possible. The mountain ahead of you to climb may look hard, may appear to be to steep, even dangerous; yet you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! 
     Let the following verses minister to your heart. Believe what the Lord is saying, receive it and act on it. Whatever is in front of you God has allowed or placed there Himself so you can fulfill His word. You must overcome something to be an over comer. So, lock arms with Jesus and grab the wings of the Spirit of God. They are your companions. As long as you do not quit, give up or throw in the towel, They will make sure you do not fail. 

     "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the son of God?" - I John 5:4-5

     "Do not be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21

     

No comments:

Post a Comment