Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Who's Your Hero


Lindsay Wagner (Jamie Somers, The Bionic Woman)

The Comic Convention in Austin was a blast to the past!! Wooo... the revealing of my age was made when I was excited to see Lindsay Wagner and Lee Majors and my son, Jacob, had no idea who they were. I was like, "Are you kidding? That's the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman!" My son in response shrugged his shoulders and reminded me he was born in the 90's; long after those series had ceased. 


Lou Ferrigno (The Hulk - the green guy from the 70's)

My husband and I were brought back to our childhood's and felt nostalgic as we posed for photos with Lando from Star Wars and The Hulk. We talked about our favorite hero's and then realized something. Our heroes were old. They were people with no power, mortal and still trying to live on what their characters portrayed. The portrayal that there was someone great, someone powerful, someone good and someone who could save us. A true hero.


I assert to you that we have a true hero in Jesus, the Christ. He is great. He is powerful. He is good. And He is a mighty Savior. Love and peace are his weapons and the cross his strategy. He is the Victor, never losing. If you call out to Him, He is there in a hurry. And, He will NEVER... EVER... Let... you... down. So, the next time you hear your son, daughter, friend or loved one bring up Wonder Woman, Superman, Bat Man, Cat Woman or any other super hero, bring up the true Hero; the lover of our souls, our Savior and Lord, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment