Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Scorpion Dance

Remember the book "There's A Wocket in My Pocket," by Dr. Seuss? Well, this is either going to totally freak you out, cause worry, bring fear or you may think it's no big deal and nothing to fear, worry or freak out about. Let me tell you. I... was freaking OUT!!

My husband, Ron and I had just gone to bed. Right before I felt myself going into a deep sleep my husband starts yelling loudly, "AHH! OWW! OW! OH OWW!!" He got out of bed shaking his hand and yelling in pain. After inquiring what happened he replies, "I think something bit me."

During the commotion my step-son, Jacob, walks in. Ron explains what happened and my mind starts going a hundred miles an hour. I start hinking about what may have bitten him and where it might be. I calmly said, "Babe, I am not going back to bed until we find what bit you." When I said, "we find," I actually meant "you find."

After investigating his hand, we found no marks or swelling. This was good but, he complained of the pain. We (well he and Jake) began the search for what it may have been. As the three of us try to rationalize what happened suddenly, Ron's face contorts into a silent scream. He points to his boxers and there on his waistband is a HUGE scorpion. He starts jumping up and down yelling, "It's still on me! It's still on me!" Jacob and I, while holding onto each other, start jumping up and down, yelling and screaming, "AAAHHHHHH!!!"

We as a family have shared this story with several family members and friends. As stated earlier some replied with sympathy or empathy. Others replied with logic, "Lisa, you're in Texas. There are scorpions here."

You know, this reminds me of how some respond to the attack of the enemy. Some completely freak out and have no idea how to combat or plug the cracks that allow him to crawl in. Others understand that attack from the enemy happens because it's the land we live in. We are in a spiritual battle.That battle is won by our choice to obey God and to walk in what is good according to Him. The Bible teaches:
  "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."
Ephesians 6:12

"Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you."
Romans 16:19-20 

We are told that our enemy is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. The Word also teaches that he seeks to kill, still and destroy. We combat by wearing and putting to use the armor of God provided for us in Ephesians 6. The Lord gives us the ability to stand against his schemes and extinguish his fiery darts. So, the next time the enemy crawls into your space, don't jump up and down with a voice of fear or defeat. Rather, jump up and down with the voice of triumph and put him where he belongs... underneath your boot!  

No comments:

Post a Comment