Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Monday, November 29, 2010

THE Love Letter

My greatest adventure with the Bible was being in Israel. I walked the base of the fallen walls at Jericho. My hands ran along side a wall of Rahab's house. My eyes glared at the cave David hid in from King Saul. I felt the waters of the Sea of Galilee lap over my feet. I gained understanding of why thousands could hear the Lord give the Sermon on the Mount. It is a natural amphitheatre and the wind it's speakers. My favorite site was the garden tomb. It is exactly the way it is described in Mark 16:5. You enter in and look to the right.
In my experiences with street evangelism I have come across many, many opinions about the legitimacy of the Bible; from the Bible is a collection of fantasy and fairytales, to it has contradictions, to it's part of a conspiracy to control people. I have heard it AAALLL!!! The funny thing is that there are more historical records proving most of what is in the Bible than any other book written. I have met several people who went to disprove the Bible and in the process ended up giving their life to Christ.

The Bible is true and accurate. It is not made up stories, fairytales or fantasy. It is a compilation of testimonies and actual events that bear witness to a Holy God. The common thread of these testimonies is His unwavering and steadfast love for us. As a whole, the Bible is about God reaching His creation and saying, "Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden of this world. I am your Creator and through my Son, I will give you an abundant life in this world and the next."

No comments:

Post a Comment