Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Monday, November 15, 2010

Mom!!! There's Bleach in the Water!

I had a great time in India serving the Lord. There are so many stories from that experience. But, most of the lessons rang after I returned to the United States. When I finally arrived home, after a more than 24 hour trip, I felt the need to take a shower and brush my teeth. I put the tooth brush under the water, put it in my mouth and instantly spit it out. It was nasty. I started yelling for my mom to call the water company. "Somethin's wrong with the water mom! It tastes like bleach!"

My mom tastes the water and lets me know that there is nothing wrong with the water; it's me. She explained that I wasn't used to it because I had been drinking clean water for months. She was right. For six months, the only water I used for drink, to wash my face and brush my teeth was bottled, fresh, spring water. It was clean. But, now, I was tasting all the impurities of the water here. The chlorine and other additives we use to "clean" our water was very evident to my tongue. And, I didn't... like IT.

Throughout my walk with the Lord, many believers have asked how to hear from the Lord and understand what He's saying. Here's part of it. We have to stop drinking tainted water. We need to drink the new wine and keep our minds purified with the Word, daily. When this is practiced, anything that does not line up with God's word will taste funny and be spit out!

When the disciples asked for "THE" sign of His return, the Lord responded, "Be careful that no one deceive you." (Matthew 24:4) Deception is on the rise, even in the church. There are people in the pulpit based on a piece of paper and not the call of God; speaking half truths and no truths at all. Streams are flowin' but, they are filled with additives and some just pure mud. Take your Bible to church and make sure what is on that little slip of paper is in the Word. We don't have to be paranoid, but the Word teaches that we test the spirits and weigh what is being taught.

We have to keep the Word on our hearts, make sure what is being taught is pure doctrine and be mindful of what we are choosing to watch and listen to. This keeps us conformed to Kingdom thinking and actions instead of the worlds. Then our ear to hear the Voice of our God will be primed to listen and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment