Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sick of Sickness

My trip to India about ten years ago changed my whole perspective on healthcare programs. I saw the deaf hear, the blind see, the lame walk and the mute talk. There (among believers who are witnessing to the lost) it is a regular occurance. It's like, going to the mall or driving down the highway. They talk about healings the way we talk about going to the store to pick up groceries or one of our kids from school. It's normal; just a part of life. So, I quickly signed up for the By His Stripes package and have become a seller of it. 

My faith had been boosted in the area of the miraculous, so when I returned to the United States I began to believe for my own healing, as well as, others. I walked into my mom's house and declared, "No one in this house is getting sick!" If my mom felt like she was coming down with something I would run over to her, put my hand on her and say, "No devil! We don't receive this package. You've got the wrong address!"  

I started praying for and asking for the healing of anyone with anything as much as a sneeze. Has everyone I prayed for been healed? No. And I've had questions about healing like many of you have. "I prayed for this person and they didn't get healed, what happened Lord?" "Why did this person get healed and this one over here didn't?" and "Why did you let my aunt die when she wanted to live, was a believer and we all were praying for her healing?"

You know what? I still don't know the answers to all the questions. But I am sick of sickness and there is no way I will pass up an opportunity to command healing in a person's body in the name of Jesus. The Lord said in his word that those who believe, in His name, will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.  Hallelujah!! I have seen the Lord heal.

My prayer is that we all would realize the power that is in us. The Word says that we are more than conquerors. It also says that we have been given the power and authority of Christ. So, if Christ had power and authority to heal the sick, then we do too. It's like that first logic class some of you may have had. Remember?

Problem:   Can you heal the sick?
Given:       You have the power and authority of Christ.
Fact:          Christ's power and authority healed the sick
Answer:     Yes! You can!!

With all of the sickness around, it is an excellent way to minister Christ's love and share the gospel. Even if healing does not happen, the person being prayed for is experiencing a loving touch and partner in their desire to be well. Of all the people I have prayed for, 100% of them did not want the ailment they had. They all wanted to be well. So, here's a challenge. Pray for the sick to be well. It may be a family member, friend, work colleague, your boss, or your neighbor. At the very least, you will bring compassion to someone hurting. At the greatest... you'll see a miracle : )

No comments:

Post a Comment