Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Monday, May 13, 2013

Just Whatcha Need

     One of my favorite things to do is going to a day spa. It is so fun! Massages, body wraps, pedicures, manicures, jacuzzi, pool, all the fresh water you can drink... I love it! I go as often as time and money will afford to get pampered. 
     During one of my visits I planned to have a body wrap, skin scrub, massage, mani and pedi. When I went in to have my massage and body wrap done the massage therapist surprised me. After working on my back for five minutes she stopped and had me sit up. She explained that my back was "a mess." 
     "I know you want to get a body wrap and scrub, but that is not what you need right now. It is going to take me 90 minutes to work all the knots out of your muscles," she continued that my skin was fine and did not need attention, but my back did. 
     While she spoke and explained that there would be no change in fees it would be an even swap, I really was not hearing her. This was not what I wanted. I arranged and paid for the services I wanted and am being told that my plan is not the right plan for me. In addition, the massage was to be followed up with some instruction to maintain the healing. 
     Wait!! Healing!?? Then I started paying attention to the instruction. I had to go back and forth into the jacuzzi while drinking an insane amount of water. All this was to flush out toxins that had built up in my body and prevent my back from knotting up again. I was also advised to take up Pilates to help strengthen my back and shoulder muscles. In a nutshell, I was injured and had no idea how my muscles got so tense and out of shape.
      I took her advice non enthusiastically.  To my surprise after the massage and then the final round of jacuzzi and water I felt so good! My back felt relaxed!! I just didn't realize that over time it had become a problem. I kept telling my friend, Nicole Fitzpatrick, who was with me that day, "Wow, I can't believe how my back feels. It feels great!" The awesome sister in the Lord she is told me where to get Pilates and I went with her to a session.
     We all know in our minds and have heard that what we want is not always what we need. The knowledge doesn't make it easy to adhere to. God is a good God who wants to provide us with all that we need. Once we receive and embrace what we need versus what our wants are we will find that the provision given was far better than the thing we just wanted to have. Sometimes we will get what we want. However, when God gives what we need it is beyond what we could have imagined or hoped for.

     "Now to Him is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen." - Ephesians 3:20-21
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment