Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Protect Your Pearls

When Mary heard from the Angel that she would be the mother of Jesus, she pondered it in her heart. The first person she went to tell was her cousin, Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist. Mary used wisdom. She chose to share a pearl with a woman the Lord chose to give a pearl to.

In a nutshell, if the Lord reveals something to you, you don't have to tell everybody about it. We should use wisdom and ask the Lord if it is something we are to ponder in our heart or if there is a person or persons we are to share with. The secrets and revelations of God are precious pearls. Jesus, in Matthew 7:6 warns, "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

There was a time I blabbed it all and found my pearls trampled on and my heart in pieces. The wound was deep and there is definately a scar on my soul where the crack was made. But, Hallelujah! The Lord has led me beside the still waters and is restoring my soul. But it was a powerful lesson. The Lord has let me know that it is okay not to share everything. And, I should not be offended when a person does not opt to share everything with me that is going on in their life.

It's because.... none ya! This is a phrase my uncle Dennis used with me when I was around 5 years old. I kept asking him question after question and finally he said, "None Ya." I was like, what does that mean? Well, it took me awhile, but "none ya" means, none of your business. Some things are just none of our business. We need to trust God with us and with others. He knows what is best for us to know and/or share. We should glean from the wisdom of Mary and protect the pearls that are bestowed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment