Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

The curtain began to rise and all of us contestants stood in pageant stance with beaming smiles. It was time to find out who was Queen and who would be on her court. Beauty pageants and modeling were part of my extra curricular activities in high school and first years of college. And, I am grateful for that time. I made many friends, some of them life long friends. I gleaned wisdom from directors and trainers on how to be successful in interviews, have good posture, answer impromptu questions for a live audience and to run a live show. Out of all the lessons I learned, the one I treasure the most is one from a former Miss California who was my pageant director for many years. She told me, "Lisa, you will never know what the judges are looking for. So, never dismay if you are not chosen queen. Because you can be the absolutely best apple in the world, but if they are looking for an orange, you will not win. Be the best you, you can be and don't worry about the other fruits. God has a plan for you. Trust Him with how He made you."

The Lord tells us in Jeremiah that He has a plan for us. He tells us in Psalms that He knit us in our mother's womb. He tells us that He knows every hair on our head. God made us the way He needs us to be for the purpose He has for us. I believe that God had something in mind for every detail about us. And, instead of marveling at how wonderful God sees us, we marvel at what we don't like about ourselves and constantly compare ourselves to others. In the pageant world, it happens. Let me tell you. Girls are looking at each other comparing butts, lips, hair and boobs... hey, I am just keepin' it real. Unfortunately, it happens among believers too. We compare our looks, homes, cars, jobs, economic status, and our kids to others. This is not good. We need to stop comparison. When we compare ourselves to others it can lead to an unhealthy jealousy or cause us to get off the path the Lord has for us.  

God is so pleased with how He made you. Let me be very clear. This does not include, disobeying God's Word, being chained to sin and/or not taking care of your temple. So, please don't read this and say, "Well, this is how God made me so I'll just... keep on smokin'." What I am talking about is your natural born talents and gifts, the physical physique He intended you to have and the life YOU are to lead. Being YOU in the center of God's will is the best TO be and place to be. If you are there, AWESOME!! If not, I repeat what I was told so many years ago, "Be the best you, you can be and don't worry about the other fruits. God has a plan for you. Trust Him with how He made you; fearfully and wonderfully." Well... I added a little : )

No comments:

Post a Comment