Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's For You

I love working with and advocating for young children. It has been such a blessing to me. I recall a time when I had a young girl in my classroom who asked me permission to do everything. She would point to toys and activities on the shelf and ask, "Can I play with that?" I would have to constantly remind her that what I placed in front of her was for her to play with. I would pray to the Lord (well, complain,) "How many times do I have to explain that what I have given her to play with and use, is for her!?"

 Months later she was able to truly enjoy the toys and had fun in the classroom. Finally!! Thank you Jesus! She receives it. I still don't know why that little girl took so long to receive the toys and activities Ihad for her. But, one thing I do know. We do exactly that with gifts the Lord has for us sometimes.

There are some crazy things in the Word. I mean really! The Lord through the Holy Spirit has given us faith to believe that a man was swallowed by whale, lived in His belly for three days, was regurgetated and lived to talk about it. We tell the stories of the plagues, Noah's Ark and the resurrection of our Lord. Yet, some of us haven't fully received His forgiveness, the full extent of His love or the many other promises in His word. There are sooo many, many promises that we need to lay hold of and accept with the same conviction that we accepted Christ as our Savior.

The Lord says that we must be like children to see the Kingdom of God. One of the things I have learned about children is that they are literally minded. If you tell them something, they will believe it. There are no metaphors or symbolic language with them. So, like children, we should receive "no condemnation," "no weapon formed against you shall prosper," "vengeance is Mine, I will repay," "I have plans for you," "you are a royal priesthood," "you will have no lack of gain," and "what you put your hand to will prosper." If we lived and made decisions based on the truths in and Promises of God's word, the light of His Bride would be so bright. We would become His hands, His feet; His message.

So, believe. Receive. And walk with the knowledge that the blessings in His word are all for you

No comments:

Post a Comment