Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We Know the End

You guys!! I watched this awesome movie last night starring Denzel Washington called, "Unstoppable." It was so intense I found myself many times holding my breath. My muscles were tense and my eyes were glued to the screen. Basically, it was about a runaway train that needed to be stopped before derailing at a curve that would cause mass devastation. Well, of course, the train is stopped. And we knew the end would be a happy one.

My husband and talked about how crazy it was that we were on pins and needles even though we knew the outcome. We constantly wondered what would happen next. Questions came one after the other? How will they stop it? Oh, is this going to work? Oh, maybe that will work? What did the owner say? Then later we would find out after each step.

This is exactly how the life of a believer is. We have to take one step at a time. Nothing is rolled out in detail as we go a long. But, Glory to God, we know the end. We have faith and a hope in the return of our Lord and know that He will be victorious. However, I am amazed at how stressed I get about each step and details. I am one of those people that likes to know everything... in advance. So my challenge for us today is to rest in the fact that the Lord is the writer of the film and has worked out all the details. He is the author and finisher of all things. What He starts, He will finish. Even though we don't know everything, we do know the end of the story. And it is a happy, wonderful and glorious ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment