Welcome to Getting Your Fix! Whether you have time to meditate on with a cup of 'joe' or not, these daily doses of power will encourage, inspire and empower you. Time to get charged!
In His Grip,
Lisa - Warrior, Princess

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

That Ugly "C" Word.... Cancer

The most difficult thing I went through with my family was experiencing the death of my Aunt Sharon. It was so, so awful.  It was so shocking and awful because she was the first close relative to die; and the first to die under 90 years old on my mom's side. If I did not have the Lord, I don't know how I would have made it. But He took me through the valley of the shadow of death. He helped me and my family embrace her going Home to Him. We were sad, grieved, utterly heart broken, and afraid. But the Lord came in and taught to fear not and His peace came with thoughts that we would miss her, but definately see her again.

Can I just say this? Cancer... SUCKS!!! My God! What a disease? My God.... Well my aunt was diagnosed with cancer, went through treatment and the Lord was good. After some time she went into remission. Seven years later, in December of 2004, the cancer came back; full blown. The doctors gave her months to live. The Lord was kind again and refuted that months expectation with 2 years. I wanted her to live longer. I fought in prayer and believed God for another miracle. When she was days away from death I made up my mind to operate the gift of healing. I bought an airline ticket and told my Uncle Eric that I was coming to raise her out of the bed. On Sunday, the day before my flight, my uncle called, "She's gone."

Ooooo.. I was HOT mad at God. I couldn't believe that He allowed it. And, I (get that, I) was on the way to save the day. What was He thinking? Really. What was I thinking? I don't know why I enter in conversations with God that make me an equal with Him. But He has the most interesting way of lovingly, correcting me. When I got to where she was laying, I tell you the truth... I crossed the threshold and felt the overwhelming peace of God. It was like He was saying, "She is with Me, she is Home."

I was still hurt, I was still grieved and even today, now while I write.. shed tears over her loss. Death hurts. It sucks. And, I believe it's because it was something that was not put in the DNA of man in the Garden. We were never meant to experience death and separation. Hallelujah for the cross and the promise of the resurrection of the dead! My aunt was a godly, God fearing woman. A pillar of our faith in the family. And, I will see her again. That is our peace; our hope when it comes to loss by death.

If you have a loved one who is dying. I am with you. I know what it feels like. I understand. Be encouraged and hold onto Jesus. He will pull you through. He will help in the hard times. He is there, right there with you. And as believers we are assurred. We have nothing to fear. If God brings them home, we will see them again. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment